Lifehacker: The Coffee Lover’s Guide to Tea.

Wimps. Drink the working Englishman’s brew, the tea equivalent of Guinness.  PG Tips. I prefer the Special Blend, m’self. A cup every morning powers this weblog.  Guaranteed to hoist your eyelids to maximum height.

06/16/11 • 08:34 AM • FoodPersonal • (7) Comments

Comments:

After youthful experiments with Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder as well as some of their fruitier blends; when I tea, which usually means rainy days with bunny slippers, it is always Lapsang Souchong.
Nothing like it.
Seattle’s best (or Pete’s) most days.
If I could get a scotch this smokey life would be complete.

Posted by emmett on 06/16/11 at 07:59 PM

“If I could get a scotch this smokey life would be complete.”

When I find it, I’ll let you know. I’m on the same search.

Sandra refuses to allow me to breathe in the house after I’ve had LS.

Posted by Garret P Vreeland on 06/16/11 at 08:11 PM

Don’t you have fireplaces?  Same same, only different.
: )

Posted by emmett on 06/16/11 at 08:18 PM

You could always take up pipe smoking and then ‘fall back’ to LS as a compromise?
I’ll quit inciting domestic strife and instead offer a link to an outfit we ran into in Cloudcroft, apparently national firm but we liked the Cloudcroft shoppe.
Scents so stunningly convincing, use the pull down for the scents, we were dazzled by the Campfire, and they had a leather to die.

Posted by emmett on 06/16/11 at 08:36 PM

We’re not big on scents here in the casita. S doesn’t generally like ‘em, and I get tired of ‘em way too quickly. But leather or campfire smell? I am curious.

That being said, I’m sipping on an LS and am the recipient of some very cute wrinkled-up nose expressions and vociferous complaints ...

Posted by Garret P Vreeland on 06/17/11 at 10:08 AM

Alas, even decaffeinated tea has too much caffeine for me—caffeine gives me migraines and even a couple cups of decaf brings on a nasty one.

Posted by crazybutable on 06/17/11 at 12:07 PM

I’ve not found a flavorful ‘regular tea’ of decaffeinated nature. They all taste like the teabag (paper). And I’ve only lately been a regular tea drinker (coffee was my thing).

There are times when any caffeine is just too much for me. A little lemon or lime in sparkling water, and I’m happy.

Posted by Garret P Vreeland on 06/17/11 at 01:02 PM

<< Previous entry: SF New Mexican: History says strong monsoons follow dry winters ...

Next entry: SF New Mexican: Biggest fire in Arizona history continues threat to Luna. >>